7/6/10

To Be. Because You Are.



For R.L.C.

I kiss'd your lids
and the summer sun sealed them with their rays.
a light so warm, it moved your heart.
a beat, skipped.
a moment, remembered.
and the world held her reverbating breath
for us, with us, tonight.

this freshly born season
has, in turn, bred an antiquated reason:
"To Be.
Because you are."
That is all I know these days,
and these days, I know so much.

You shattered the sound of settling
and melted the pieces into a crystline portrait
of something beautiful
that my world has not yet known.

You're quick to fix
and slow to speak
the words and rhymes that hide your mind.
Yet in my hands I feel your heart
and I use my tips to trace the lines
back to your eyes
and suddenly I know
what I've known forever,
yet refused to see.

And this blinding noise,
this deafening light
isnt so much to handle.
With your smile by my side
and your walk in step with mine
I run with purpose and intent
into this new summer sun
to kiss your lids
and to know your heart
once again.

And again I die with hope.
Your kiss, my welcome home.

Welcome home.

tf
7/2010

No comments: